Page Listing

Monday, April 29, 2013

Springy or Feeling Springlike?


When I get a doll even partly made, I start draping fabrics on it.  The painting on the face isn't done yet, but I peek with fabric to see what might "suit" them.  Strange that a doll can be unfinished and have the clothing help decide what they will be.

Esmeralda, the 29 inch doll, I have narrowed down to two options.  She could be Springlike, wearing a modern-colored floral cotton - it goes with either hat or bonnet -  



Or should she be.....   feeling Springlike, deciding to put on her hat, and fancy fichu, over her ordinary dress, and going out?



Maybe she's older, if she's feeling like Spring in spite of her usual mode of dress.

3 comments:

  1. Kindred spirits we must be, for I do the same thing...start draping fabrics on a doll long before he/she is finished. You wouldn't believe how much time I can waste playing with fabrics. Your new doll is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is very pretty, and very Izannah. I love her hair color and the curls are great. I do like both fabrics for her. Either would be very good. You do have an antique style. I think it comes naturally to you, and while people can learn to do it, being talented in this way really helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Martha, I love your dolls that are imbued with an old feeling. Mary, yes the fabric can lead to unexpected discoveries. Love your dolls too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...