Page Listing

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Patterns for Unders

The little Googly doll is being fitted for her underclothing...  I tried a pattern from "The Dolls Dressmaker" by Venus Dodge. 



Since I had never used this book before, I cut the pattern out first using striped scrap fabric.  Batiste intimidates me somewhat.... I have a hoard of it, because I put off using it.  

Anyway the pattern worked well for the knickers as it turned out.  I had her hair on, to show a friend, but have to take it off again as it's something you put on last.  But she looked cute here so I had to take a picture.

I have been making patterns by tracing on artist's palette paper, finding that is a good paper to use for a pattern piece... coated on one side and writeable on both sides....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...