Page Listing

Friday, March 7, 2014

The DOLL Dress That Could Have Been

Every time I look at this little sample I ordered a year ago from Mood Fabrics, I feel frustrated I didn't just go ahead and buy a yard.  Instead I have this tantalizing scrap, about four inches square.  It floats around my work area, getting stuck on a doll's bodice, or put on a head for a moment.  But then rejected, for some other yardage that I have more of.


 It has been tried on many doll outfits, but remains, alas, an unused scrap.  Isn't it pretty?  And the fabric store I bought it from, Mood Fabrics, hasn't carried it since I first saw it.  Sooo many people liked it.  Why can't they bring it back?  Oh, why?

The only lesson to be learned from this lil' scrap is to:  not to buy samples online.  If I like it, buy half a yard.  If you order a sample, by the time it gets to you, they will probably be out of the fabric.  That is what happened in this case. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...