Page Listing

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

My Lisa Lichtenfels "Elder" Doll

I recently took Lisa Lichtenfels' four-day nylon-sculpting class -- she is known for her incredibly realistic nylon sculpting.  

First, she taught us how to nylon-sculpt a doll head.  Lisa had set the eyes to begin with, and I went from there,  sculpting the facial features with curved needles.  Then she taught us how to constuct the body armature, and build up the body to the point of being covered with nylon, all the while going for a realistic look.  Then we each dressed our dolls in fabrics we chose.  I used my own clothing pattern and her slippers pattern. 

Lisa is a great teacher, well organized and also relaxed.  She took time to go around and work with each student, several times during the course.  It was great fun to meet her.  She has entertaining tales of working as an artist in New York. 




 My doll is sewing on pieces for a quilt.  I have fond memories of my grandmother working on her quilts.  I would sit near her on the windowseat and we would talk.  The cat and the dog were also there, at opposite ends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...