Page Listing

Monday, November 10, 2014

A Workshop with Judy Barclift

I belong to a doll group which last month, hosted a workshop given by Judy Barclift, who is a fabulous California sculptor.  She sculpts in a way that is very realistic, yet has her trademark style as well.  She gave the workshop using polymer clay, which I hadn't tried sculpting a face in yet.  The workshop was to make a "Jack on a Stick," a pumpkin or decorative squash head for Hallowe'en.  The class was fun and we learned a lot.  While my own sculpting does not approach hers, I still was pleased to get a pumpkin character, whom I thought looked French.  I added some of my own trims, and found that I had sculpted.... a French onion seller! 




He is a dapper older gentleman who
sells onions in the french countryside.
















Ah yes, we had many good times  togethair.......



And here he is, relaxing back at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...